Thursday, March 29, 2012

March 28th, 2012

Wow! It has been a very interesting
week! First of all, tell Grams and the Hales thank you for their letters! As you
figured out, you are suppose to use dearelder.com
to send me letters. That helps the servers out here. I get it the same day you
send it too.
The food here is so good! I can see why you can gain weight! One time we
had salmon! Oh, that was good! I have really learned a lot! On Friday, we
started to teach an investigator. Easy, right? Not when he only speaks Spanish
and I am learning it! That was interesting!!! It was really hard to speak to him
and let him know things. I would ask a question and then he would respond and I
wouldn't know what he said! Ha haha! That was a really humbling experience. I
have learned a lot since being here! One, make sure you always have your key
with you. The Elders in the other district all took a shower after gym, and
failed to bring their key to their room with them. So, they were locked out of
their room with just their towels around their waist. It was hilarious. They
called the front desk and asked what to do. They said, "send some one with
clothes to the front." So Elder White and I went to get a key for them! It was
hilarious!
I really don't have access to a computer here. So that answers your
question papito.
Also, I had an Elder come up to me today and ask what my last name was. I
showed him my tag and he said I was his troop buddy at camp new fork. Ha ha ha!
That was fun. He is from one of the Preston troops and knows Kyle and Tate.
My branch president was actually a mission president for the Leon
Mexico Mission so he knows what to expect.
I feel my Savior's love everyday! The days can be long sometimes but they
also fly by! I can't believe that it has been a week already!!! My Spanish is
getting better. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve my Lord.
We have devotionals every Sunday and Tuesday! It is so amazing! I also
joined the choir, but I missed the cut off to sing in General Conference by
about a week.
I can see how missionaries get injured playing sports. I have had my thumb
jammed, and received a few pains from playing basketball and volleyball.
I don't have my visa yet. Mexico is
backed up, so I may end up being here for a while. Pray for my visa to come. =D
My Spanish is coming along. And we are saying prayers in Spanish now. I
think in both Spanish and English. It gets hard sometimes because I mix the
words.
Well, gotta go!
I love you all SO SO SO much!
Love, Elder Michael Blake Crouch