Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April 11, 2012

Sounds like y'all had a great Easter weekend. I really can't complain about my Easter. In fact, Sunday was one of the best days here so far. We had a huge conference and President Packer came and talked to us! That was really amazing!!! I learned a lot from that!!!

For the Sunday night Devotional the BYU's Men's Chorus came and sang. They dedicated a song to all the people going to Mexico. That made me feel great!!!! I really loved that! They sang some of my favorite songs and the last song they sang, "Who is He in Yonder Stall," was a song we sang this Christmas in Arise. It was reallly touching to me and I will admit I got a little teary-eyed.

Then after that we went and watched a recording of the Christmas Devotional by Elder Bednar. That was amazing. As Elder White puts it, "It's like you were having Thanksgiving Dinner and you were expecting 80 people, and you were the only one to show up and had to eat all the food." That is how we felt spiritually. By the end of the day I was SO full!!! "It is like a pressure in my chest. Bigger than I am." That is how one person described the Spirit. That is how I felt!!! I can't get over how amazing Easter was!!!

Also, the Howards sent me two dozen doughnuts. My whole district loved the doughnuts.
So, I had a couple of crazy experiences. So the day it snowed was one of the first. All the snow was melting and there was water running off the awning. It was landing about a foot away from a metal pole. So I had the brilliant idea to "jump" under the water withought getting wet. I was really going to jump through the foot gap. Well.... I jumped.... and instead of making it through the gap, I hit my head pretty had on the metal pole. I bounced off of it and rolled to the ground. It was HILARIOUS!!! I was laughing SO hard, along with everyone else. I had a huge goose egg on my head.

Well, the next day, the gym was closed so we went to the weight room. We worked out and I was a little tired. Then Elder Rummler and I had a rowing competition on the rowing machines. I may have really excerted myself. I won, but I did not feel well afterwards. I am grateful that there was a garbage can nearby. I was sick for about 20 minutes and finally I sayed a prayer asking for me to feel better. I knew excatly what was going to happen, and enough said. But I felt better! ha ha ha!

My spanish is coming along. The MTC is tough. I get really tired at times! You are constantly pushing yourself. Constantly trying to do better. I love it here though!!! Seriously! Just when you think you can't go any farther, the Lord picks you up and carries you. It is amazing!!!!

I love my God. I love my Savior. I love the Holy Ghost. I love the Gospel. I love my mission. And I KNOW that this is where I need to be. I KNOW that Jesus Christ died for me and that throught the Atonement of Christ everyone can recieve eternal life! I am so thankful for it! I love you all!!!! I am so grateful for the wonderful family I have!!! Thank you!!!! I might be sending a written letter because my time is up. Just know I love you!!!!

Love, Elder Michael Blake Crouch!
ps. We lost a missionary this week. Elder Montgomery is on his way to the Peru MTC. It was really sad to see him go. He is such a great elder! And since Elder Foote was his companion. He is now in my companionship. Ha ha ha! So who ever said we were going to be companions at "Village Inn." was right. ha ha ha!
Love you!