Tuesday, September 18, 2012

August 26th


August 26th


Wow! Sounds like great things are happening at home. Dad, there is a scripture in D&C that says the Lord will forgive who he forgives, but we are required to forgive ALL men. ha ha ha. But I do agree with you a little. ;) ASHLEY AND NATALIE ARE ENGAGED?!?!?!?! I better get an invitation, even though I can´t go. Tell them congrats for me. That is awesome. Felicidades a mamá y kk con sus fotos. ja ja ja. Good luck in school everyone.
Well, this week was good. No investigators in church. One of the Carmela, just makes me so frustrated. She doesn´t get it. But we are working with her. We had a couple of cool lessons with members present. One investigator wasn´t going to let us in because she said she was going to leave shortly. Well, the hermana mendoza basically got us in. She said we all need to be feed by the word of God DAILY. Ha ha ha. It was awesome! Also, Nidia, the menas activa who we started teaching when we first got here is amazing now! She asked me about tithing and basically taught her self. Her countenance has changed SO much. It is amazing to see.
We had conference in which the area authority for México came and spoke. It was awesome and my fire was rekindled again. At times it is really hard to keep going and more than nothing disappointing when people to take hold of the rod. I guess I need to be a bit more straight forward. However, I did think of something during the conference. God has said the feild is white and ready to harvest. I have been called by him to harvest this field. HE has promised ME success, so I feel more confident in this. Not that I was weak or anything, it is just another thing to push me forward.
Basically one of the most exciting things that happened was I got attacked by a dog this week. We did a contact and as I turned to leave the little dog came at me and started trying to bite me. It took me a second to realize it was attacking me. I turned around and it ran under the car. Lucky thing. ha ha ha. It didn´t really get me. I really hate little dogs. They come at you from the back. Last change I was tempted to really go at one because EVERY time we passed the house it came at us. But we can relate this to sin. The best way to fight it off is to be big, tough, and come at it with the power of God. If you turn your back, it´ll come at you. Sometimes you can face it quick enough, but other times it happens without you knowing. That is when you really need to take it out.
Well, that is all I can think of for right now. I don’t have much time anyways. Can I just say I love being a missionary I realize that I still have a lot to learn, and I really don´t have a lot of experience, but being able to get down on your knees and pray for the Spirit to return (because you got frustrated) so you can teach another lesson and then instantly feel it return is SO AMAZING. Being able to make promises to people that you KNOW will come true is AWESOME. and being able to see people change their lives for the better, well that is just PRICELESS!
I know this is the work of the Lord. I love it.
Well, I love you all very very much!
Keep making righteous choices, and good luck with all your endeavors.
Love, Elder Crouch
ps. Every member a missionary.
pss, I have some letters to send to family and friends, it is just the end of the month, not much money.