Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 17th Dog fight and Flowers

Wow, sounds like mom and dad had a great time on their trip! ha ha ha. Those are the best kinds of adventures! I definitely know how you feel in a way. You have all of these great things planned and then it all falls through... ha ha ha. Also, you guys are so white! In the picture dad sent me, holy cow! ha haha! Get some sun! ;D KK, sounds like school is great and I´m sure you weren´t all that afraid... Man, everyone is growing up. Zach looks older. What happened to my little bud? ha ha ha.
Well, this week was really interesting. We had some success. The other Elders in San Pancho are going to have a baptism! Their investigator was afraid to take the step, but after the ward baptism, she decided to do it. This Friday. We, on the other hand have no success. We had no investigators at church, but we had some experiences this week. So I don´t know if I have told you, but the birds are migrating. Every night for the past month or so the trees are full with birds. It is kinda cool, but I learned not to walk under the trees, because they poop... enough said there. So Maria Elena, a recent convert, shared an awesome experience with us. Basically her life stinks. Her husband is back living with her, and every time he comes home we fights with her. He actually had the guts to tell her that she can´t leave the house to do things unless it is "chores" such as getting her daughters from school. He told her she can´t go to church too. And THEN he doesn´t do anything. She is paying for all  of the bills. Basically he is lucky I am a missionary and represent Jesus Christ, because if not, well I don´t want to think about it. Anyways, she has no money to buy a skirt for her daughter and there was a dance in school. She had been praying all week long, and finally the day before the dance she felt impressed to ask a neighbor for one and her neighbor had a skirt and two blouses! God is amazing! He answers prayers! I love him so so much!
You should also know that this weekend Mexico celebrated its independence (16 sep). Friday we were on our way to a meeting and it started to rain. Then it really started to rain! We found cover in a shrimp shack and I helped peel shrimp for a while until the rain let up. Then we went to our meeting. The fun part was that the road was a river. I was on my bike and and the water was higher than my shoes in some points. I have never seen it rain so hard in my life! Saturday night we were in our house by 8. It was definitely a good thing. When Mexico parties, it parties. I also got a bouquet of flowers from someone... a 72 year old woman. ha ha ha. We eat lunch at her house and I started talking to her about her flowers. Then she picked some and gave me some. One was a narcissus flower. It is white and SO SO SO beautiful. I have never seen a flower so beautiful! It was fun. On Sunday as we were walking to lunch we saw a dog fight right in front of us. The boy was asking for help, but there was no way I was going to get close, because the one winning was a pit bull, and I know those things have muscle, I´ve felt it. Plus there were other people helping. They grabbed the back legs of both dogs and pulled. I tell you what this dog did not want to let go.
Basically these are the exciting things going on in my life. It is hard to preach at times, because my comp doesn´t always want to work. Sometimes we leave the house a lot later than we should or we are at lunch way to long. I am working on being more obedient, but it is hard when you have a comp that isn´t all the way frito, but is somewhat. I still love him, and I am going to try to help him more.
I love you all!
Keep strong. The Gospel is true!
Love Elder Michael Blake Crouch
Ps. Every member a missionary!
love you!