Tuesday, September 18, 2012

August 20th


Aug 20th


Wow! Sounds like you are all doing great! Way to go Sky for catching the first fish and for taking a swim!!! ha ha ha. Mom, It is como se dice not como se decey. ha ha ha! lengua is tongue in Spanish. It is pretty good isn’t it. Saturday we went to a taco stand, and yes the tacos are small. I had tacos de tripa aka cow intestine, ceso aka cow brain, and de chorizo, and I washed it all down with a coke, no im not addicted, an investigator bought us it. It was pretty good. The brain was squishy and the intestine chewy, but good. ha ha ha! I really enjoy working with my new companion. Our drought of not having investigators at church ended. Carmela, an investigator came. We were trying to get her to come, and finally she agreed! The Spirit was really strong in sacrament meeting. It was cool. Let’s see, hmmm this week. Well, we worked really hard. I am learning how to plan and teach lessons really well. My comp doesnt give up as easily as I do. If someone is busy I usually leave it at that, but he asks if we can help and what not. I am learning a lot from him. Sunday we at with the Elders Quarom Pres, and he changed houses clear to the end of our map. We started to leave and it started to sprinkle a little. By the time we were half way it was raining cats and dogs. The roads were flooded. We decided to keep going, because we had an appointment with an investigator after dinner. We arrived SOAKING WET! IT was pretty funny.  Also today we played soccer, the two zones in leon, and it started to pour as well. So we kept playing. There was a big lake in the field. It was fun. The only thing is that it was a little cold, and most of the Mexicans would say it was really really cold. ha ha ha. I am use to being wet because I was a river guide. My comp thinks I am preparing for the special forces or something. It is hilarious. I like him a lot. He is legit. Also, since my old area was in the other zone in Léon, and the hermanas were there, I asked how my old area was. They said that Mose and his wife got baptized as long with Belen! I was so happy to hear that! =D Also, one of the coolest things that happened was we had two kids move down here from California. They got baptized there and their dad isn’t a member. The first time we went he was a little gruff, but the second time we went and answered his questions and he became really opened. One thing I have learned as a missionary is that you need to teach WHY. Why do we have these commandments, why is the church important, why why why. When you can teach why, people understand. The father and kids speak English, but the new wife (I’m guessing) and her kids dont, so we teach in Spanish. It is nice to talk to them in English and the father helps when I dont know a word in Spanish. But the COOLEST thing is that I asked them if they knew an Elder Ellsworth (Nick Ellsworth who was a river guide with me about two years ago). They said they did! It was AWESOME! He helped teach them a little. Well, here are some of the things that happened. Yo sé que Dios vive y nos ama. Yo sé que Jesucristo es mi Salvador y que Él me conoce perfetamente. La iglesia de Jesucristo es restaurado hoy en día. Más que eso es que el evangelio de Jesucristo es restaurado tambien y tenemes la autoridad de Dios. Yo sé que Dios conoce cada uno de sus hijos y tiene un plan para ellos. Pues, este es mi testimonio y lo comparto en el nombre de mi Salvador y Redentor, Jesucristo, ámen.
Con amor,
Elder Michael Blake Crouch
ps. Cada miembro es un misionero
pss. Mom, I don’t know about the elementary school thing, we are not really suppose to enter them and what not. Lo siento. And  everything has gates around here. It would be hard to get in. ha ha ha. oh, and some of the members cannot find my facebook page. I don’t know if it is still there, or not. Can you guys check? If not tell me so I know, and if it is, tell me what my name is. ha ha ha. Love you!