Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 14th Pictures


Well. After almost 7 months without having a baptism, We finally had one!!!!! It was awesome! We worked really hard this whole week with José. As did Satan. José lost his job. But he stayed firm. He told us a cool story. He was reading 1 Nefi 10. In this chapter is talks about Christ being baptized. Well, as he started to read it, he said he could smell flowers. Really beautiful smelling flowers. He walk out of the room and couldn´t smell it any where else. So he came back and finished reading. Well, when he finished the chapter and started reading chapter 11, the smell went away. He took that as his answer to be baptized.

 My companion did the baptizing and I confirmed. Saturday was pretty tough. So... We had people saying mean things in the street at us, our tempers were closer to being set off, the other elders forgot the church keys, it took forever to get to the food for lunch, we were late going for José, our taxi started going the wrong way, hardly any ward members showed up (after we spent all week inviting), the other elders forgot the white clothes, José was too big for the white clothes, the font didn´t have a lot of water, etc.... but God WON! ha ha haha! It turned out really well. And we worked everything out. It was a great day and I loved it.

 Just looking back on the week I can only think of José. But we did find some cool people this week as well. I am so grateful for my Savior and for my God. They are amazing. They make anything possible. This week I had been studying a lot in Chapter 1 de Predicad mi Evangelio and also about the lessons. My understanding is growing a lot. 

Yesterday I confirmed José which was cool and Elder Storm and I spoke in church. This whole week was awesome! I am so grateful for everything and I just can´t write it down. I love my companion so much! We have gone through a lot and we have grown a lot. The Lord is changing my life for the better. 
Well, I love you all so much!
Love Elder Michael Blake Crouch
Ps. Cada miembro es un misionero.


And as for weather, well, it is nice and hot down here. It feels a little like spring. Usually I have to wear a sweater in the morning, but that is because our cinderblock house keeps in the cold. 
Kaitlyn, have fun on your date! Enjoy it.
Zachary felicidades.